Mung / Moong Beans suitable for sprouting. Mung Beans take from 2-5 days to sprout. They are nutritious and add a crunchy texture to salads or can be stir fried. Extensively used in oriental cooking and salads.
Beans and Pulses are a natural source of protein, high in fibre and used extensively in Asian cooking, especially in vegetarian cooking
All pulses require soaking, times may vary according to recipes and you should consult your cookery book.
Pulses and Beans are agricultural products and although this product has been machine cleaned, it should be rinsed before use.
Check out our postage offers and you can combine as many packs as you like for a fixed maximum cost.
Further specifications are available under "Additional Information"
To Sprout Your Beans
- Soak mungs for the 8-12 hours in water. Drain off the water, rinse and empty the seeds into your sprouter, tray or a large jar covered with a muslin top.
- Place anywhere - in low light and at room temperature (70° is optimal).
- Rinse and drain every 12 hours for 2-5 days depending on required sprout size.
- When you rinse try not to disturb the seeds/sprouts. The beans need to stay where they are - to form a mass that is unmovable.
- When ready, transfer your sprout crop to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
Country of Origin: Various
Nett Product Weight: 1kg
Best Before date: 31/08/2019
Health Disclaimer - All products are sold for culinary purposes only. We do not make any health benefit claims. Should the user intend to purchase the goods for health reasons, they should obtain detailed advice from a Doctor or other suitably qualified health professional